Upcoming EventsAll Events »
News & Announcements
- HDFS faculty and grad student present their work at ISSBD conference
- Grad students receive summer fellowships from Wood/Raith Living Trust
- Study with the Human Rights Campaign featured in the Washington Post
- HDFS faculty newly promoted and tenured
- Kaleigh Ligus receives SGS Student Scholarship Award
- Laura Donorfio receives two university teaching awards
- Eminet Gurganus receives a Social Networks and Health Fellowship
- Steven Wisensale’s article published on UConn Today
HDFS 2018 Tenured Faculty & Award Recipients
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) recently acknowledged four HDFS faculty who received tenure this year: Dr. Alaina Brenick, Dr. Linda Halgunseth (both also promoted to Associate Professor), Dr. Marlene Schwartz, and Dr. Rebecca Puhl. CLAS also acknowledge Dr. Laura Donorfio, recipient of the 2018 CLAS Excellence in Teaching Award in Behavioral and Life Sciences.
Congratulations to all of these faculty and students for these accomplishments!
A Message from the Department Head (2017-2018)
Welcome to the Department of Human Development and Family Studies!
Our faculty and students engage in the study of the development and wellbeing of individuals and families across the lifespan. We have a longstanding history of considering the role of culture in human development, from infancy... (read more)