News & Announcements
- HDFS faculty newly promoted and tenured
- HDFS Graduate Student Kaleigh Ligus receives award
- Laura Donorfio receives two university teaching awards
- Eminet Gurganus receives a Social Networks and Health Fellowship
- Steven Wisensale’s article published on UConn Today
- Michael Ego’s article published in The Conversation
- HDFS professors present at CLAS Diversity Research Poster Session
- Alex Reid published in Journal of Research on Adolescence
Upcoming EventsAll Events »
HDFS 2018 Tenured Faculty & Award Recipients
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) recently acknowledged four HDFS faculty who received tenure this year: Dr. Alaina Brenick, Dr. Linda Halgunseth (both also promoted to Associate Professor), Dr. Marlene Schwartz, and Dr. Rebecca Puhl. CLAS also acknowledge Dr. Laura Donorfio, recipient of the 2018 CLAS Excellence in Teaching Award in Behavioral and Life Sciences.
Congratulations to all of these faculty and students for these accomplishments!
A Message from the Department Head (2017-2018)
Welcome to the Department of Human Development and Family Studies!
Our faculty and students engage in the study of the development and wellbeing of individuals and families across the lifespan. We have a longstanding history of considering the role of culture in human development, from infancy... (read more)