News & Announcements
- Grad students receive summer fellowships from Wood/Raith Living Trust
- Study with the Human Rights Campaign featured in the Washington Post
- HDFS faculty newly promoted and tenured
- Kaleigh Ligus receives SGS Student Scholarship Award
- Laura Donorfio receives two university teaching awards
- Eminet Gurganus receives a Social Networks and Health Fellowship
- Steven Wisensale’s article published on UConn Today
- Michael Ego’s article published in The Conversation
Monday, June 25th, 2018
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Storrs CampusFSB 102
All faculty, staff and students are invited to attend the Dissertation Defense:
Cultural Values and Romantic Relationship Satisfaction in Mexican Adolescents: The Moderating Effects of Parental Psychological Control
Alexander Reid, Doctoral Candidate
Human Development and Family Studies
University of Connecticut
Date: June 25, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM
Family Studies Building
Dr. Linda Halgunseth, Ph.D.
Dr. Annamaria Csizmadia, Ph.D.
Dr. Noel Card, Ph.D.
Dr. Graciela Espinosa-Hernandez, Ph.D.
HDFS 2018 Tenured Faculty & Award Recipients
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) recently acknowledged four HDFS faculty who received tenure this year: Dr. Alaina Brenick, Dr. Linda Halgunseth (both also promoted to Associate Professor), Dr. Marlene Schwartz, and Dr. Rebecca Puhl. CLAS also acknowledge Dr. Laura Donorfio, recipient of the 2018 CLAS Excellence in Teaching Award in Behavioral and Life Sciences.
Congratulations to all of these faculty and students for these accomplishments!
A Message from the Department Head (2017-2018)
Welcome to the Department of Human Development and Family Studies!
Our faculty and students engage in the study of the development and wellbeing of individuals and families across the lifespan. We have a longstanding history of considering the role of culture in human development, from infancy... (read more)