News & Announcements
- Two HDFS Doctoral Students awarded Spring 2018 Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships
- Hyeseong Kang, HDFS doctoral student is UConn’s Graduate Student Intern of the Year
- UConn Child Development Laboratories achieve NAEYC accreditation
- Rebecca Puhl’s work recently published in the American Academy of Pediatrics
- UConn rated a Top 10 HDFS Graduate Program!
- Marlene Schwartz’s recent research in UConn Today article
- Eva Lefkowitz featured in current issue of UConn Magazine
- Michael Ego’s Baseball Reminiscence Project in Greenwich Times article
A Message from the Department Head (2017-2018)
Welcome to the Department of Human Development and Family Studies!
Our faculty and students engage in the study of the development and wellbeing of individuals and families across the lifespan. We have a longstanding history of considering the role of culture in human development, from infancy... (read more)
Wednesday, December 13th, 2017
08:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Storrs CampusFSB- First Floor
UCCFR is sponsoring a "Giving Tree" to support two families in the Mansfield area by purchasing items that they would otherwise not be able to afford during this holiday season. One family has three children and one family has two children, and all are celebrating Christmas.
You can find the "Giving Tree" in FSB (first floor) across from the Student Services/Advising Center. The tree contains ornaments which have the age and gender of a family member, as well as a requested item or two.
If you are interested, please take an ornament, sign your name & email address next to the corresponding number on the sign-up sheet near the tree.
Then, return the gift with the ornament attached to the Student Services Center (FSB 123) by Wednesday, December 13th (wrapped OR unwrapped). IMPORTANT! Please attach the tag to the gift so that we know which child the present belongs to!
You may also help support a family by donating money that will go to purchasing gifts from tags that are not taken and to gift cards that the children asked for.
Also- if you don't think you could cover the whole cost of a gift, you can always split the cost with a friend or two. Any contribution big or small will be greatly appreciated by the families.
Thank you so much in advance for your assistance in supporting these families in need!!
Wednesday, February 7th, 2018
03:30 PM - 05:00 PM
Storrs CampusOAK 408
HDFS Faculty Meetings- SAVE the DATE
March 7- OAK 408
April 4- FSB 18
May 2- OAK 408
Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
03:30 PM - 05:00 PM
Storrs CampusFSB 18
Grad faculty meeting- SAVE the DATE!
Next meeting: April 4, 2018