Welcome to the Department of Human Development and Family Studies at the University of Connecticut. Students who complete the undergraduate program (HDFS major) receive a Bachelor of Arts degree. Reflecting the interdisciplinary nature of the Department, as well as the breadth of students’ interests, we have indicated 11 different career pathways our students may pursue.
At the Storrs campus, the HDFS Student Services Center offers a home base to our student community, providing services and information about our program. Some of these services include:
- Academic advising for undergraduate students
- Computer access for undergraduate students
- Providing students with career and graduate school information
- Maintaining the Student Services Center’s HuskyCT website
- Library Liaison
- Provide relevant forms for students/faculty/instructors
- Provide information about our fieldwork program
We are located in the Family Studies Building, Room 123. If you’d like to speak with someone, please call our main line at (860) 486-4632.
To make an appointment with an advisor, please go to advapp.uconn.edu