Travel applications and forms must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the first day of travel. For detailed information for planning your trip and reimbursement refer to the university's Travel and Entertainment Policies and Procedures guide, found at the Travel Services website.
- Faculty– Fill out the online form at Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) website. When filling out the funding request form, include the following HDFS Support Staff info:
Net ID: jeb02011
Name: Janice Berriault
Once the request for funding has been submitted you will receive a preliminary email acknowledging the request. Once the request is reviewed and approved you (and support staff) will receive an “Official Award Notification” email showing the total $$ awarded for your trip.
- Graduate Students– To apply for department travel funding, submit the HDFS Grad Student Travel Fund Application.
Doctoral Students: The Graduate School provides travel funding to support a limited number of doctoral students’ travel to present research at national or international meetings/conferences. Forms are available on the Graduate School website. Contact email@example.com at the Graduate School for more information.
Submit Travel WebForm
Complete the Travel WebForm found at the Travel Services website. Select the “PRE-Trip” option and enter the required information to the form. Choose the following information on the form:
- KFS Processor Unit – CLAS Departments
- KFS Group – Human Development & Family Studies
If you request a Bradley Parking Permit, it will be mailed to the department if the departure is greater than 5 business days away. Travelers departing sooner than 5 business days will have their parking permits available for pick up at the front desk of Travel Services. It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain the parking permit before departure.
Book Your Trip
Use the Sanditz Booking Tool at Travel Services website to book your airfare, train, hotel, and car rental.
- To utilize the direct payment option, KFS account number(s) must be provided to Sanditz when the reservation is made. OVPR/AAUP award accounts cannot be used to book your flight as they are for reimbursement only. See Sanditz FAQs.
- Travelers with OVPR/AAUP funding awards can secure Sanditz bookings with personal credit cards and apply for reimbursement post trip.
- When special conference or event lodging rates are available, special rate information must be provided to Sanditz at the time of booking.
IMPORTANT! – If a traveler books using an out-of-policy Booking Agency: Traveler MUST obtain a Sanditz Booking Tool price comparison for the same flight at the time of purchase! Print out the comparison page and submit it with your receipts – the reimbursement will be capped at the lesser of the two rates. If comparison is not obtained at the time of purchase, it will be reduced to lowest reasonable fare amount at the time of reimbursement processing.
Faculty who have funding awards through university accounts: The department Procard can be used to pay conference registration fees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Save Your Receipts!
Before and during your trip, keep all receipts for reimbursement. Detailed receipts MUST show payment made and/or zero balance.
Documents REQUIRED for reimbursement:
- Copy of Funding AWARD(s)
- Conference Registration receipt
- Airfare/Train/Bus receipt, baggage fees, boarding passes
- Flight/Trip itinerary (shows departure and arrival times)
- Taxi/shuttle, Parking, Toll receipts
- Hotel receipt (Must show YOUR name – if sharing a room ONLY the traveler whose name is on the receipt will be reimbursed)
- Meal receipts (if not claiming per diem)- MUST be itemized.
If claiming mileage reimbursement- Provide printed MapQuest pages showing TOTAL miles from each of the following:
- Home address to Duty Station (campus address)
- Place of departure (home or duty station) to destination (airport, train station, etc)
Foreign Travel- If you choose to calculate your own foreign exchange charges please use http://www.xe.com/travel-expenses-calculator/, print a copy of the page showing conversion (required backup for reimbursement), and include with your receipts.
If you did not submit a PRE-Trip webform: Please Do NOT fill out the POST-Trip form, and allow Janice to do so.
All receipts must be submitted no later than 2 weeks upon returning from your trip. Please DO NOT write on or highlight receipts!
Bring receipts and travel documents to Janice Berriault (FSB 115) for review, who will fill out and submit the POST-trip Form. You will later receive an email with a link to the Post-Trip webform for your approval.
Claiming partial reimbursement- Even if you only need to be reimbursed for part of your travel expenses, documentation showing you attended the conference/meeting is required (ex. boarding passes, hotel receipt, conference nametag, etc).
Once your reimbursement packet has been fully processed by Travel Services, UConn will make a deposit to your account on file if you are registered for ACH/Direct Deposit.