|To be admitted to the HDFS graduate program, the applicant must apply to and meet the admission standards of the Graduate School as well as other standards established by the graduate program in the Department of Human Development & Family Studies.
If you wish to apply to our graduate program, application material can be found at the following website: www.grad.uconn.edu . All applications must be submitted online.
Ph.D. candidates and MA applicants for Marriage and Family Therapy should submit application materials before December 15th.
MA applicants in other areas of specialization should submit application materials before March 1st.
Required materials for application to Human Development
- Completed online application
- Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation *
- Personal Statement highlighting your desired area of specialization, research interests, as well as your preferred advisor, uploaded directly on the application site.
- GRE scores required:
1. Institution Code 3915
2. Department Code not needed
- Ph. D. Applicants only: In addition to the above materials, Ph. D. applicants are
required to submit a scholarly writing sample. Examples of this include a thesis, a
research-based paper, or a published article. Some Ph.D. applicants may be invited to interview with faculty.
- Ph.D. and MA applicants to the Marriage and Family Therapy area of specialization may be invited for a personal interview. See FAQs for Prospective Students.
* Please note: We do not use a specific form for the letters of recommendation. Letters may be uploaded to your application account by your recommenders or mailed directly to our department:
HDFS Graduate Admissions
348 Mansfield Rd., Unit 1058
Storrs, CT 06269-1058
Please view the HDFS Graduate Handbook for program information.
For application assistance please contact HDFSgradprogram@uconn.edu