Who can apply?
HDFS majors completing their 3rd semester (or later).
- Declared HDFS Major
- GPA 2.7 through the 3rd semester
- Completed HDFS 1070
- You may apply, but to begin the ECD course-work, you must have completed/in the process of completing, HDFS 2100, and 2004W; are working towards completing 2001, 2200 or 2300.
- Experience with young children in one or more settings.
Application Procedures: All documents listed below are required.
- Complete the ECDE Application Form and essay
- Attach a completed/updated HDFS Advising/Plan of Study Form
Download the HDFS Plan of Study form – 1. Complete, 2. Scan both sides, 3. Attach to the application form
- Attach an unofficial copy of your transcript – 1. Print, 2. Scan, 3. Attach to the application
- Attach one reference using the Letter of Reference Form
This should be from an individual who recognizes your motivation to work in a field involving young children. It is helpful if this person has known you in an employment or volunteer setting in which you were directly involved with children.
- Attach a recent photo of yourself
- Submit application - You will receive additional instructions for setting up an advising meeting and interview from Kim Larrabee, Student Coordinator for Early Childhood Programs
Applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis. However, for students planning to begin the program in the fall semester applications must be in by April 15th.
For students planning to begin the program in the spring semester applications must be in by October 20th.
Notification of Acceptance:
Applicants will receive an email from Kim Larrabee within the next week, with information about scheduling your interview/advising meeting. An official Letter of Acceptance will be sent to your home/legal address notifying you of your acceptance. Letters for the Fall semester will be mailed on or before, June 5. Letters for the Spring semester will be mailed on or before, January 5.